Fireflies: Our Gratitude Wall: "eucharisteo"         

May 29, 2013

Our Gratitude Wall: "eucharisteo"



A Blank Wall + "Eucharisteo"" = Encouraging Hearts of Gratitude in our Home

Walk with me back a couple of months. We had just remodeled our kitchen and I had a large blank wall in our breakfast area that needed decorating. One morning as I was reading Ann Voskamp's, One Thousand Gifts, I had a vision of painting it with chalkboard paint and writing at the top, "Today, I am grateful for...". I felt this incredible pull to teach my children how to live a grateful life. I could sense God showing me that this would not only be an amazing experience for our family, but would also be a witness to everyone who enters our home.
  

I called my husband and he immediately affirmed the idea. Next, I called our handyman who was able to quickly start the project. Not feeling confident in my ability to write the words the way I saw them in my mind, I thought of a neighbor friend who is an artist. She was able to come the day after we painted and create the wall heading, adding her special touch.
Tears filled my eyes as I looked at the finished project. It was even more beautiful than I had envisioned. My three year old was standing near me and I realized I needed to explain what we were looking at. He seemed to understand. So I asked him what he could say, "thank you, God" for and he said, "shoes and socks." My heart melted and I knew this was the beginning of helping my family turn our focus on living our days with gratefulness to God.            
Matthew says, "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Would you join me in discovering ways to implement the practice of giving thanks into the lives of our children? Our children are like little sponges...soaking in our words, our tone, and our body language. You know, as well as I, that they are reflections of us. Let's help them be a reflection of Him as they begin to name what they are thankful for. I am looking forward to linking arms with you as together we inspire our children to express their gratitude to God! 

Lord let our hearts be filled with gratitude for You so that we may spill over into the hearts and lives of our children. 

We are so excited about our newest Fireflies' Team Member, Amanda Hampton.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM , Anonymous Brittini said...

Love this.. and love you Manda!

 

Post a Comment

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to respond. You are an encouragement to the Fireflies Team.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home