Fireflies: Kids Krafts: A little birdie told me you'll love this easy craft!         

May 13, 2013

Kids Krafts: A little birdie told me you'll love this easy craft!

Paper Plate Birds

Here is what you'll need:
  • Paper Plates
  • Paintbrushes
  • Paint (Washable if you want to save yourself some heartache)
  • Wiggly Eyes
  • Glue 
  • Construction Paper - orange for the beak and brown if you want to add little bird legs onto your project
  • Newspaper to put over your workspace
First lay your newspaper out on your workspace and get your little ones busy painting 2 upside down paper plates. I wasn't paying attention and we all did ours right side up.  They'll still be adorable but I think the pieces with stick together better if they are created upside down.

My guy, Levi, took this part VERY seriously:

Seriously, probably twenty minutes achieving this perfect blend of blue and red.  Such an artist!


My big guy couldn't stop with just two:


Here are Mommy and Daddy's finished plates:


Noah shows off his masterpiece:



After the plates are dry, cut one plate in half (you'll discard half of the plate).  With the remaining 1/2, cut a larger portion for the wing, and small pieces for feathers.  Attach theses to the main "bird body" paper plate.  Glue on a wiggly eye.  From a piece of construction paper, cut out an orange beak and adhere to the bird body.


More than anything, I would love to show you the boys' finished birds but since their paper plates were so heavily saturated with paint, they weren't dry by the time dinner and bedtime rolled around.  I'll have to update this post after their assembly.  I'm sure they'll be bright, beautiful and my boys will be beaming about their beaked creations!


Author: Rachel Skvaril
Sugar Artist
Fondant Flinger

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to respond. You are an encouragement to the Fireflies Team.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home