Fireflies: Moments: Nurturing the Nature of God in our Homes.         

Aug 20, 2012

Moments: Nurturing the Nature of God in our Homes.


Do you ever feel like you don’t know where to begin when you see your child struggling with an issue?  Sometimes I feel very black and white. “Right is right and you are not in the right, thus sayth MOM!”  Sometimes I get worried, and wonder if this will lead to major issues later in life. What if they never grow in this area and will that ultimately mean I failed them?  Often I feel more like “Seriously, we just went over this 10 minutes ago, and yesterday and the day before that". (Then I remind myself love is long suffering).  Sometimes I empathize because I know it’s hard to grow up and there’s a lot they are processing. 

I have Proverbs 24 :3-4  in my home office and I read it every day when I sit down to work.  It says, 

“By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;  through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures."  

I have it in my house because I want my physical home to be filled with wisdom, understanding and the beauty of the Lord’s presence.  But recently when I read it I was reminded that everything I have ever wanted to teach my kids and see them take hold of, comes back to knowing the Lord, growing in His truth, and then living their lives in a way that brings glory to God.

My current prayer is:
"Lord, help me to remember and reflect on Your nature so that I can teach them about Your nature in order that their thinking and mine will be informed and changed." 


Proverbs 9:10 says, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Labels: