Fireflies: Moments : Brave and Strong – Significant and Free         

May 27, 2013

Moments : Brave and Strong – Significant and Free


I love putting truth all over my house. Written on the mirror in my kid’s bathroom are the words, “Let your light shine before men.” In my hallway, above a collection of pictures I have the words, “Family is believing in one another.” In our home, we have “Family Rules,” scriptures and cute quotes scattered about. 

Some of you may remember back in February I posted about the two most important things my husband and I wanted to instill in our children; that they would know their significance, and, that they would be free. Ever since that post, I’ve thought I need to get those words above my kid’s bedroom doors (or somewhere we see them daily) so I remember to pray that over them and work towards that goal. 

Just a couple weeks ago, my four year old added two more words to that list. When she was faced with a situation she was worried about, instead of getting upset (she’s known around these parts for her dramatic ways), she started whispering to herself, "I'm brave and I'm strong, I'm brave and I'm strong," until whatever she was concerned about had passed. So when she stubbed her toe and broke her toenail past the quick, as I went to cut off the broken part I braced myself for a battle. To my amazement, instead of crying and not letting me near it, she let me take care of it, while reassuring herself she was "brave and strong." 

So today I am happy to share with you the finished sign that I'm putting up. To download a free 8 x 10 printable version of this sign CLICK HERE.

Psalm 56:3-4
When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid.
Lanise Santala


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to respond. You are an encouragement to the Fireflies Team.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home