Fireflies: "Moments" with Lani         

Oct 17, 2012

"Moments" with Lani

Mariah Santala
5 years old

Smile...
there are good things to come.

I have by my sink a beautiful hand painted version of Proverbs 31, “The wife of noble character”, that a friend of mine gifted me years ago.  Currently my favorite verse is verse 25 which says “Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the days to come.”  She is a woman who has joy and hope and she can smile at the days to come.

It’s important as a mom that I teach my kids to hope and develop in our family culture a joyful anticipation of good things to come. In order to do this, though, I first have to believe good things are coming.   During seasons of sorrow and hardship it can be difficult, but that is when my family and I need hope and joy the most. As I reflect and rest in the nature of God, in His goodness and His love, I am able to smile at the days to come even during trying times.  In doing so I believe my children grow in their faith and their hope for what tomorrow will bring.

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. 
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Lanise Santala

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to respond. You are an encouragement to the Fireflies Team.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home