Fireflies: Poem: My Gift by Christina Rossetti         

Dec 5, 2012

Poem: My Gift by Christina Rossetti


[Verbal Communications]
Consider having older children memorize this poem.  If you have younger children then simply print out this poem, post it on the refrigerator and recite it whenever you see it.  Your child will pick up on the rhyme and rhythm of the words.

Adoration of the Magi by Florentine painter Giotto di Bondone (1267–1337).
The 
Star of Bethlehem is shown as a comet above the child.
Giotto witnessed an appearance of 
Halley's Comet in 1301.

My Gift
by Christina Rossetti


What can I give Him
Poor as I am;
If I were a shepherd,
I would give Him a lamb,     

If I were a wise man,
I would do my part.
But what can I give Him?
I will give my heart.            









This poem is featured in this month's Fireflies Presents'  "C is for Christmas".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to respond. You are an encouragement to the Fireflies Team.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home