Fireflies: CLIP Review: Reading With Dad         

Jun 16, 2012

CLIP Review: Reading With Dad


Tomorrow is Father's Day.  I think a great gift to give Dad is a children's book.  (This probably doesn't come as a surprise to you.) 

In celebration of Father's Day, I thought I would share a special children's book...for Dad. Reading With Dad is picture book written in verse, but this is a gift book for Dads.  It celebrates the joy of reading aloud and dads spending time with their children.   Reading With Dad moves through the cycle of life as a daughter and her dad share books beginning with The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss.  At the end of the book, the daughter reflects:

"The best of the best times I've ever had
                                  are the times I've spent reading with dad."

The author writes, "My hope about this book is that it encourages parents to be aware of the importance of reading to their children—but I hope especially that it encourages fathers to have a special relationship with their children."

Other books to consider for Father's Day:
  1. Guess How Much I Love You
    Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram
  2. Every Friday
    Dan Yacarino
  3. Papa, Do You Love Me?
    Barbara M. Jossee
  4. I Love My Daddy
    Sebastien Braun
  5. A Perfect Father's Day
    Eve Bunting
  6. Daddy Kisses
    Anne Gutman
  7. Daddy All Day Long
    Francesca Rusackas
  8. Father's Day
    Anne Rockwell
  9. It's Father's Day, Charlie Brown!
    Judy Katschke
  10. The Very Best Daddy of All
    Marion Dane Bauer







Labels: