Fireflies: CLIP Review: Christmas Cookies         

Dec 14, 2012

CLIP Review: Christmas Cookies

Author:  Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Illustrator:  Jane Dyer


I LOVE SPRINKLES! I confess, I'm a "Sprinkle-a-holic"! So when I saw this book, I just knew I had to have it. After all, aren't Christmas cookies known for their frosting and sprinkles?!  With great anticipation I bought the book, opened up to the first page and read, of all things...

ANTICIPATION means,
I've been thinking all day about making the cookies,
I'm so excited.  I can't wait.

Not only had I found a cookie book to treasure, but now I understood the subtitle - "Bite-Size Holiday Lessons".  This delightful book combines gorgeous watercolor illustrations with the most incredible way of teaching children to understand word meanings through the baking of cookies.  Unpack your cookie cutters, rolling pin, aprons and have some fun! After all, it's Christmas and time to be "CHARITABLE - setting a big batch aside to give to people who maybe don't have any cookies at all."

If you need a Christmas sugar cookie recipe, there is one given at the end of the book.
Note: The last line reads - Sprinkle with colored sugar!



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to respond. You are an encouragement to the Fireflies Team.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home