Fireflies: January Moments         

Jan 28, 2013

January Moments



Have you ever taken one of those personality type tests?  If you have, you know we are all a mixture of characteristics, some of which are more prominent than others, but each making us unique. I've taken my share over the years and suffice it to say, I don't have a type-A cell in my body. I love to let the day take me where it leads. I love to spend time with people. I love spontaneity and I struggle with schedules and check lists. One look in my closets and cabinets would tell you organization doesn't come naturally to me.  

But that doesn’t keep me from trying…

When I was a new mom and my son was about one and half I went through a season of searching to find meaning in the repetitiveness of my daily routine. I would find myself thinking, "Really?  I have to figure out 3 meals and 2 healthy snacks every day?" And, "How are there 8 loads of laundry to do when I just did the laundry last week?" It would often take everything in me to get up after dinner to do the dishes, all the while grumbling to myself about how not fun it was.  



One day when I was cleaning the bathroom with a grumbling spirit I heard the Lord speak to my heart. He said, “Turn your work into times of praise.”  Simple, yet so profound and for me life changing.  I soon found myself tearing up with gratitude and a humbled heart as I would scrub stains from my son’s jeans and thank the Lord for a healthy toddler who loved to play outside. I would make dinner and it would turn into times of thanking God for His provision for my family. I would turn up the praise music and dance while cleaning my home, letting the music spill out the open windows to my neighbors. I began to realize the great joy of what it meant to be a mom, a wife and a homemaker.

Whether you are a master organizer or more like me, we are all given a choice in how we respond to the demands of each day. It’s often about our perspective and I don’t know of any better way to get our perspective right than through thanksgiving and praise to God.

Have a blessed day and enjoy your “Moments” with your family.

Lanise Santala

Colossians 5:15-17

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to respond. You are an encouragement to the Fireflies Team.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home