Fireflies: Moments: El Roi - The God Who Sees ME!         

Jun 25, 2012

Moments: El Roi - The God Who Sees ME!


"Mom, look at me," Mariah (4) says as she delights in her new found ability to pump her legs and make the swing go higher and higher all on her own.  

"Mom, come see what I've made," Jacob (10) says as he ushers me into his room and proudly shows me the house he built in his video game.  

"Mom, do you want to hear the new song I wrote?" Isaiah(17) says after hours in the office working out new rifts on his guitar. 

"Mom, you have to see this,"  Isaac(14) says after watching something funny a friend of his posted on Facebook.  

All of these happening within the last couple of days reminded me that we are all born with a profound need to be seen.  One of the things that helped me through some of the hardest places in my life, especially in my childhood, was the assurance that God saw me and knew my circumstances.  He rejoiced in my achievements and grieved over my heart aches. He understood my failures and remembered all my days as He led me into my tomorrows. 

Take comfort today in the shadow of El Roi - The God who sees you.

Genesis 16:13 She (Hagar) gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me, ” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.” 

Enjoy your "moments",  
Lanise Santala

Labels: