Fireflies: "My Heart is Like a Zoo" Craft         

Feb 12, 2013

"My Heart is Like a Zoo" Craft

All you need is some colored paper, glue, scissors, and wriggly eyes!

What a fun activity for children - anytime!  This activity is based on last Friday's Fireflies Book Review, My Heart is Like a Zoo.   

First we went to the Dollar Store and found this set of six heart shapes - yep, for just a $1.    


We used the shapes to trace several different sized hearts on various colored sheets of card stock purchased from our local Michael's.    
I was excited to be able to cut out various shades of some colors - because I'd rather give children three shades of yellow to work with, instead of just "yellow".   But that's just me.  (and why I love the Pantone Colors book for children - see REVIEW here. 

After reading our CLIP pick book for February, My Heart is Like a Zoo, give your child the palette of heart shapes & colors, some wiggly eyes and let them create.    

Mount on a sheet of black or white card stock and display for all to see!    
A few more details and our creation will be complete.  Cute, isn't it?   

Encourage original animal creations, or allow children to replicate an animal from the book. It doesn't matter as long as you are having fun creating together!

Enjoy!



Deni Corbett
Subscribe in a reader

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to respond. You are an encouragement to the Fireflies Team.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home